This year Curtin University is celebrating 50 years of innovation. That is 50 years since the first students graduated from our predecessor institution, the Western Australian Institute of Technology (WAIT), back in 1967. To mark this special milestone, we recently held a celebration event in Beijing.
A delegation of senior Curtin staff attended the events including:
- Professor Deborah Terry, Vice-Chancellor
- Professor Seth Kunin, Deputy Vice-Chancellor International
- Professor Andris Stelbovis, Pro Vice-Chancellor, Science & Engineering
- Professor Steve Mickler, Head of School, Media, Creative Arts and Social Inquiry
- Associate Professor, Henry Li, Dean International – China
They shared some of Curtin’s recent news and developments with guests, and enjoyed catching-up with graduates from all fields of study.
To those of you who were able to attend we hope you enjoyed the evening, and meeting the Vice-Chancellor and other Curtin staff, as well as catching-up with fellow Curtin graduates.